Universities accepting NCE for Banking and Finance through Direct entry are not easy to come by. This is because it’s not that easy for education graduates to cross to another course other than education in universities around.
Of course, an NCE holder is expected to obtain a DE form only to cross to university and continue in education on this same college course or a related one. However, a few universities are being considerate in accepting NCE holders for other courses such as Banking and Finance.
As expected too, Banking and Finance is best chaced by HND, BSC, and ND holders with the background courses such as Accounting, Banking, and Finance, Business administration, etc.
Lucky you, if you hold NCE the following universities will offer you admission into Banking and Finance notwithstanding. However, there a few conditions to know upfront
What’s Expected of a Direct Entry Applicants for Banking and Finance Admission
An NCE holder seeking admission for Banking and Finance must:
- obtain Nigerian Certificate in Education (NCE) in a related course
- obtain JAMB Direct Entry form and consider the most favorite university as the first choice
- possess at least competitive grades to stand a better chance (though there are universities accepting lower NCE grade as detailed in the next section)
- obtain the proposed university post-DE/screening form and partake in the exams, online screening or physical screening (as applicable to the university)
- posses at least 5 credit passes in WAEC, NECO, GCE or NABTEB
- send his or her academic transcripts to the university (if required)
List of Universities that Accept NCE for Direct Entry for Banking and Finance
- Crescent University, Abeokuta (CUAB) Ogun State accepts NCE credit, ND, HND lower credit, and approved equivalent may be admitted to the appropriate level.
- University of Benin (UNIBEN) Benin City, Edo State, in addition to the SSCE requirements, NCE merit with ‘O’ Level credit pass in Economics or Business Studies at credit or merit in relevant Programme.
- Southwestern University of Nigeria Ikeja, Lagos State accepts NCE merit in relevant subjects
- Oduduwa University Ipetumodu (OUI), Osun State accepts NCE merit in relevant courses
- Christopher University Mowe, Ogun State accepts NCE credits in relevant subjects.
- Edo University, Iyamho (EUI), Edo State accepts NCE with passes at merit level in relevant subjects.
- Bells University of Technology (BELLSTECH), Ota Ogun State accepts NCE merit in relevant subjects.
- Kaduna State University (KASU) Kaduna, Kaduna State accepts NCE merit in related Discipline.
- Landmark University, Omu-Aran, Kwara State accepts NCE merit in relevant subjects
- Olabisi Onabanjo University (OOU), Ago-Iwoye, Ogun State accepts NCE, not below credit
- Ebonyi State University (EBSU) Abakaliki Ebonyi State accepts NCE passed at merit level in relevant programmes in addition to the ‘O’ Level requirements.
- ABU accepts NCE with passes at Merit level in relevant subjects.
Best Related Posts
- Universities Offering Economics – UTME Subjects/DE and SSCE Requirements
- Universities Offering Accounting – UTME Subjects/DE Grade and SSCE (O’level) Requirement
- Some Courses Admission Seekers Should Avoid– The Bitter Truth
- Less Competitive University Courses With Better Employment Prospects
- Other Admission Alternatives If You’re Not Admitted