Seeking admission through Direct Entry requires you to understand a few things before obtaining the form. And if you’d already done that, it may not be too late to mend things up if anything has gone wrong. The post below is your guide to gaining admission into any of the universities offering Anatomy through the JAMB Direct entry application.
JAMB General Requirements for Anatomy Admission through Direct Entry
An applicant for Anatomy through DE must be a holder of any of the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree (BSC)
- Higher National Diploma (HND)
- Higher National Certificate (HNC)
- GCE Advanced Level (GCE A’level)
- Cambridge Advanced Level (Cambridge A’level)
- Interim Joint Matriculation Board (IJMB)
- Joint Universities Preliminary Examinations Board (JUPEB)
- Nigeria Certificate In Education (NCE)
JAMB requires DE applicants to have:
- at least two (2) ‘A’ Level passes chosen from Biology, Chemistry, and Physics in addition to the SSCE subjects.
- Five (5) SSCE credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry, and Physics.
However, for individual universities, consideration may be given to a qualification higher or less than that. Below is the list of qualifications, grades, and points required by the universities offering Anatomy.
Direct Entry Requirements for Anatomy by Individual Universities
- Afe Babalola University Ado-Ekiti (ABUAD), Ekiti State requires three (3) ‘A’ Level passes in Chemistry, Physics, and Biology.
- University of Calabar (UNICAL), Calabar Cross Rivers does not accept DE applicants for the admission year
- University of Port Harcourt (UNIPORT), Port Harcourt, Rivers State accepts Three (3) A/Level passes in JUPEB or IJMB or GCE or HSC Passes in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology including SSCE entry requirements.
- Ebonyi State University ((EBSU), Abakaliki, Ebonyi State accepts B.Sc 2nd class upper division in any Biological Science program plus ‘O’ Level credit passes in English language, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry and Physics at one (1) sitting.
- Ladoke Akintola University of Technology (LAUTECH), Ogbomoso, Oyo State accepts ‘A’ Level or its equivalent with good passes in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. ND with upper credit in a related programme plus the SSCE requirements may be considered for admission into the 200 level.
- Delta State University (DELSU), Abraka, Delta State requires (a) HSC or GCE ‘A’ Level or its equivalent passes in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology or Zoology (Botany may be accepted in lieu of Biology or Zoology. (b) First degree in relevant Biological Sciences not below Second Class Lower Division.
- Federal University Dutse (FUD), Dutse, Jigawa State requires three (3) ‘A’ Level subjects in Biology, Chemistry and Physics obtained from IJMB.
- University of Ilorin (UNILORIN), Ilorin Kwara State accepts two (2) ‘A’ Level passes chosen from Biology, Chemistry, and Physics in addition to the SSCE requirements.
- Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Zaria, Kaduna State accepts ‘A’ Level/IJMB Passes in three subjects in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology or Zoology.
- Federal University of Lafia (FULAFIA), Nasarawa State accepts In addition to SSCE requirements, DE candidate must have any of the following: A minimum of at least 9 points in IJMB. Two A’ level credit passes in Biology, Chemistry, and Physics. 1st degree in relevant Biological or Physical Sciences with at least 2nd class lower degree.
- Edo University (EUI), Iyamho, Edo State accepts Two ‘A’ level passes chosen from Physics, Chemistry, and Biology or Zoology in addition to SSCE requirements. BSc. etc in a relevant field. OND/HND in related courses with Credit pass plus O’ level entry requirement. IJMB/JUPEB.
- Federal University of Technology, Akure (FUTA), Ondo State requires; (a) A minimum of Upper Credit at ND Level from recognized Polytechnics and Colleges of Technology in relevant disciplines. (b) ‘A’ Level passes or its equivalent (such as GCE Cambridge, JUPEB, etc.) at one sitting in at least two (2) Science subjects including Biology.
Best Related Posts