Can I Do Change of Institutions/Courses Twice?

You can Change If You Failed a Post UTME
JAMB logo

I had always thought that all admission seekers were aware it was possible to do JAMB change of institutions and courses twice? That’s why I skipped this article in my change of institutions and course series.

In fact, I had earlier written a piece to guide you on how to change institutions and courses the third time. Hence, if it is possible to change things three times, there may not be the need to still ask if the two times change is possible.

Unfortunately, the same question keeps cropping up, “can I change institution and/or course two times?”

Read: Can I Do Change Of Course After Post UTME? See Answer.

With the introduction to this post, you should know, by now, the answer is YES. JAMB allows two-time changes to be made to a candidate’s institutions and/or courses.

However, there is more to know regards this. Let’s read to the end to get how things may work or otherwise.

You can Change If You Failed a Post UTME

Candidates who had attempted a school post UTME but failed or could not qualify for the admission can immediately change to another school whose form is ongoing or has not started selling her form. I covered a few of them in my post, “Universities, Polytechnics and Colleges Whose Post UTMEs are Still on Sales (UPDATED)”.

For example, candidates who had just completed the University of Ilorin post UTME and scored less than 50% do not have any hope for admission in the first place. In fact, those above 50% but not up to the usual cut off marks for the courses being proposed do not stand a chance as well.

READ MORE  What to Do If Offered Admission by a School You Didn't Choose

In this case, this set of candidates can still change to other universities whose forms are still in progress. I covered this in the post, “Can I Change Institutions and Courses With Post UTME Form Already On Sales?”.

If an institution’s form is already on sales and you want to change to her, you may be alerted that the institution has stopped accepting change of institution. This is not general though. Yet, you can still try any other available school if one doesn’t work. All in all, it works for most schools especially those state-owned schools and a few uncompetitive federal schools.

You Can Change Twice – Be It Courses and/or Institutions

Some candidates don’t understand the two times in this context.

Let me explain.

By twice, it means:

  • Two changes of the institution(s) on a separate submission
  • Two changes of course(s) on a separate submission
  • One change of institution separately and one change of course separately.

In short, JAMB counts one submission as a time. If you change institutions only the first time and submit, that is one change. If you later change to another institution, that’s the second time.

If you change the course the first time and submit, that’s one time. If you later change only the institution, that’s the second time.

Hope you get this a bit?

In fact, changing all courses and institutions in just one submission is still counted one time.

I explained more comprehensively in this post, “Change of Institutions/Courses Payment: Is the Money for All or Separate Charge Needed?

READ MORE  Some Courses Admission Seekers Should Avoid– The Bitter Truth

In the final words, if you’d experienced two submissions in the past – be it for institutions, courses, or both, you can still change again and again i.e third. What matters is being ready to make another payment on each occasion.

I discussed conditions that may warrant you being able to change institution the third time here. It details unusual cases, yet, possible.

You Can Change the Course Twice Even If You Can’t Change the Institution

I had said some institutions may not allow you to change to them as soon as their forms are on sales. I also cautioned that this didn’t apply to institutions. But there’s something you should know.

Even certain schools are not accepting the change of institution again, they still accept change of course. This will only be opened to those who had earlier chosen them (not those who just wish to change to them now).

For example, if JAMB alerts you that OAU is not accepting the change of institution, this doesn’t affect those who already chose OAU but just want to change their courses before proceeding to register post UTME.

In fact, if an institution offers you a different course from what you applied for, you can still go on the JAMB portal months later to change to the new course. You can get this better in my post “What to Do if School Offers You a different Course on JAMB CAPS


Even though it’s possible to change institutions and/or courses two times, there’re a few conditions where that may not be possible or some facts to know upfront.

READ MORE  How to Train Yourself for JAMB CBT (UTME and Other Computer Basted Tests)

This post addresses each situation and what should be committed to minds before making any move.

Best Related Posts

  1. Is It Possible To Be Offered/Given Admission By School You Didn’t Choose In JAMB?
  2. What to Do if Another/a Strange School Gives You Admission on JAMB CAPS
  3. Will I Be Offered Admission if I Change Institutions? See Answer
  4. Do-It-Yourself: Change of Institutions/Courses, Gender, State/LGA (With Online or Bank Payment
  5. JAMB Change of Institutions/Courses is Out: See Closing Date

Related Articles