It may be obvious sometimes to ask what are the next things after registering for UTME/DE.
Candidates may want to know what should be the next activities after they’re are certain they’d done their JAMB registration. Here is How to Know If My JAMB Registration Was Done Well?
And of course, registering JAMB is one thing, activities that follow are as well important.
This post will be showing you want should be the next activities after registering JAMB and take you through – to the time of gaining admission eventually.
What to Expect After Registering Your JAMB UTME/DE
Below is the list of after-JAMB-registration activities every applicant should be set for.
1. Preparation For and Writing Mock
JAMB might have announced a particular date for the mock before now. Yet, it’s not uncommon for the board to postpone the date.
In the same vein, just as it’s important for you to prepare for the main exams, you have to prepare for the mock too. Your performance here may not mean anything significant for the UTME performance (as the score is never added to UTME). Yet, it’s the right basis to measure how well you’ve read and it may give you hope for the main exam.
2. Follow Up Changes in Exam Schedule
As noted earlier, JAMB usually changes dates – postponing the mock or main exams. Candidates should follow the schedules for the JAMB activities
The board has already listed how things would go. You may throw yourself into confusion if you’d committed to one date and later someone told you a new date had been chosen.
Candidates can equally be following the right blogs such as schoolcontents.info for regular updates.
And most recently; radio, TV and newspapers are showing more interest in the JAMB news. You can be regular with those channels too.
3. Preparation for the Main Exams
As already noted, after the JAMB registration, candidates must be set for exams.
The preparation for UTME is far more important as that will determine if you’ll be confident to partake in other activities after the results.
In order to help, I’ve written a few guides as linked below for your resources.
- 5 Recommended Tips to Prepare and Pass UTME Within Days
- How to Study JAMB Questions To Score 270+ in UTME (Expert Guide)
- How to Train Yourself for JAMB CBT (UTME and Other Computer Basted Tests)
4. Writing the JAMB UTME Exams
You’ve prepared and here comes the exam.
JAMB will invite you for the exams. A few days before the papers, the board will announce that candidates should be reprinting their exam slip or schedules. It’s through this that you will know your exam date, time and venue.
In case, you don’t know. JAMB exam doesn’t hold the same day for all candidates. The board may conduct the exams for about a week or more. Thereby, while some may write theirs on Monday, some will be on Tuesday and so on.
It’s important to know that the UTME exam is a computer-based test. However, Direct entry applicants are not expected to write UTME.
The linked post below will help you answer a few burning questions.
- Can I Reprint the JAMB slip at a Cafe or Must be CBT Centre?
- Can I Change JAMB UTME Exams Town/Centre?
- 20 Items JAMB Disallows in the UTME Centres/Venue (2020 Update)
- 5 Issues UTME Candidates Should Expect in the Exams and Solutions
- Does JAMB Use Negative Marking for 2020/2021 UTME?
5. Printing JAMB Results
As usual, after exams come the results.
JAMB is likely to release results a few days after your papers. We have seen JAMB releasing results two or three days after the exams, in the past We’ve equally seen the board delaying it for a month or thereabout.
Whichever, be ready to print your results for record purposes and in preparation for the post UTME/screening registration.
In light of this, the following posts will help you with after-result concerns.
- How JAMB Will Mark 2021 UTME: Official Explanation
- Check JAMB Results With 4 Methods (Including the Original)
- How to Upgrade UTME to DE For ND/NCE/JUPEB/IJMB/HND/Bsc/RN Holders
- Is it Possible to Upgrade JAMB UTME 2020 Score/Mark to 270 and Above?
As you’re done registering your JAMB UTME/DE, above is the list of activities to follow. And below is the list of other activities that will follow the release of the JAMB results
Best Related Posts
- After UTME, What Next? 4 Stages That Follow UTME Results
- After Post UTME/Screening, What Next? See Answer
- After The Changing Of Institutions and Courses, What Next?
- When Will JAMB and Schools Give Admissions For this Year?
- How To Know My Post UTME/Screening Dates