2020/2021 AHMADU BELLO UNIVERSITY, KANO REMEDIAL/PRE-DEGREE ADMISSION EXERCISE
ABU Remedial Programs Admission, Conditions and Eligibility
- Classes for all students and SPECIAL classes for students with deficiencies in their O-Levels.
- The Remedial programme generally lasts for Nine (9) months divided into two semesters.
- During this period, students have exposed to intensive lectures from Mondays to Thursdays every week and a weekly C.A. test on Fridays.
The School, being established by the Northern State Governments is open to all interested applicants from the 19 Northern States and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Abuja. Read
Understand Catchment Areas, Less Educated States and Merit Admission
Applicants form other states of the county are equally given admission or merit once you have your required SSCE result. By catchment, it means states of more preference by the university.
- Candidates aspiring to gain admission in Ahmadu Bello University Zaria via SBRS’s Remedial programme must:
- Successfully sit and pass the pre-admission test examined by SBRS at Funtua.
- Have obtained at least three (3) credits and two (2) pass in English Language, General Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry, Geography and Physics in WAEC and or NECO.
Groups and Subject Combination
All successfully admitted and registered students are placed into one of the four (4) academic groups:- RS1, RS2, RS3 or RS4. Each student is given a group by considering his/her intended feature carrier and the O-Level credits obtained. Courses in each group are:
- RS1:- Biology, Chemistry and Geography
- RS2:- Biology, Chemistry and Physics
- RS3:- Biology, Geography and Physics
- RS4:- Chemistry, Geography and Physics
English Language and General Mathematics are compulsory for all students apart from the subject combinations they are expected to offer in their various groups.
Entry Requirements into the University
Admission in Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria is automatically provided a student successfully completes the remedial programme as follows:
- Obtained a minimum of 2.0 CGPA from 3 subjects undertook at the school.
- Choose ABU Zaria as the first choice in JAMB and has also obtained the required JAMB scores (which is generally determined by JAMB) and
- Remedied all necessary O-Level deficiencies.
Apply for the Basic and Remedial Programmes here.
Best Related Posts
- LASU Predegree Admission: Procedures, Requirements, Price and Closing Date
- FUOYE Predegree Form is Out: Step by Step Guide to Apply
- LAUTECH Predegree (PDS) Form: Details of Registration, Requirements and Guidelines
- How Dumbest Students Gain Admission but You’re Still Struggling
- UTME/DE: A Major Requirement to Gain Admission to Nigerian Tertiary Institution